Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Naming of your Character

+6
Nate Blackwell
Brianna Gallaway
Elliot Hudson
Lauren Delgado
Emma Masen
Nova Doherty
10 posters

Go down

The Naming of your Character Empty The Naming of your Character

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:36 am

This is the topic in which you post how your charries got their names.

It's something that always interested me and I think people want to know how you named your characters.
Nova Doherty
Nova Doherty
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

The Naming of your Character Empty Re: The Naming of your Character

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:38 am

So, I'll start Smile

Nova Doherty - Nova is my rl nickname, I explained people how I got it before and Doherty because of Pete Doherty, middle name Shay because of Shay Mitchell, sometimes Diane because of princess Di
Zachary Andrew Jones- JJs bro, she chose his name, I just added Andrew because when I made him I was watching Desperate Housewives and Andrew was on
Dimitri Clay Reinhardt- Kierans bro, he asked me to give him a name, I said Dimitri because of vampire academy
Tesla Gordon- Got her name because of Guitar Tour charrie named after Nikola Tesla
Dionisio Styles Habibis- Dye is the name of my pet lizard, Styles because of Harry Styles and Habibis because I liked that surname (Sophie Habibis)
Anis'Nataeasel- Got that name from a centaur name generator thingy
Nova Horan- I liked Niall Horans last name
Tisha Jade Mebarak- Tisha because of Martha Stewarts sister in Dr. Who and Jade Mebarak is a name from a soap opera I used to watch
Tasha Rivera- Tasha, because of a charrie in Life unexpected, played by awesome Ksenia Solo and Rivera because of beautiful Naya
Donte Devlin- Donte, because of a charrie in Waterloo Road, and Devlin because of Janet Devlin

And the funniest story of them all
Fallen Lestrange- I used to have a lot of Lestrange charries and I fell when I was coming up with a name for her xD
Nova Doherty
Nova Doherty
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Masen Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Emma Masen: Emma because I always liked that name, and Masen because of ..hehehheh Twilight. Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. Masen was Edwards last name when he was human and before he became a vampire Razz
Emma Masen
Emma Masen
Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Delgado Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Lauren Delgado
I was trying to make this account in a hurry, so instead of hunting for a name I just used mine Razz Her last name is Portuguese, as is mine Very Happy

Alexis Night
What? I just liked the name Alexis Razz And it turns out that her celebrity ended up being Alexis Bledel Razz Also, Night came from Erik after I read the first House of Night book.

Cinder Ashford
I read a book called Cinder xD And I used my mate's last name, coz I've always loved it Razz

Jaelyn Morozov
I've always loved the name Jaelyn Razz Morozov is purely from the internet xD

Bree Archer
I was eating brie xD

Amaya Pirie
I owe all credit to baby name websites for this one Razz
Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Hudson Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Most of my names I just come up with for the hell of it. Let's see if any of them are actually interesting.

Elliot Hudson
I have a huge list of names I got off a baby name site so I can just go to that whenever I want; Elliot and Hudson were both on my list of potentials.. so I thought why not just make it one name Razz

Faye Cartwright/Hansoff
Well I just stole the name Faye on this site from the other Faye because I like it. That Faye is named Faye because I thought it would be really amusing to have a character who is a faerie named Faye... and I can't take credit for Hansoff - somone else came up with it, and I just took it Razz

J. J. Jones
Well, techniquely that is Juliet Jessica Jones... the night before I made that account I had been writing a story using the name Juliet Jones (I was using that cause Juliet is a really pretty name, plus I love Shakepseare - I'm a bit of an englsih nerd:P) and Jones is just a really common last name... then I was amused that those to made the initals J. J. then I decided I liked that better so I made that the name, and gave her a middle name Jessica just so I actually had a two 'J' Razz

Zachy
Since Nova already spilled the beans that I actually made this one up... I'll admit I just made up the name on a whim. Nothin' interesting there. I just liked the name Zach Razz

Aquila Turrow
Can't take any credit for this... I made the character for Cephie, so that was all him. I just gave him a middle name which I'm pretty sure I made up on the spot and have since forgotten... I think it might have an Anthony... but don't quote me on that Razz

And the rest... I'm pretty sure I all made up on a whim or looked up on an internet site Razz So... I think that's all I got Razz
Elliot Hudson
Elliot Hudson
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Hudson Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Nova Doherty wrote:
Dimitri Clay Reinhardt- Kierans bro, he asked me to give him a name, I said Dimitri because of vampire academy

First of all - solid book serious Razz Second of all completely amusing. My friend use to refre to Dimitri from that book as either

A) Dim
B) Tree
C) my personal favourite Dim-tree

And everytime I'm talking to Dimitri as J.J. I have been trying so hard not to spontaniously call you any of those names Razz
Elliot Hudson
Elliot Hudson
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianna Gallaway Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:14 am

Elliot Hudson wrote:

Faye Cartwright/Hansoff
Well I just stole the name Faye on this site from the other Faye because I like it. That Faye is named Faye because I thought it would be really amusing to have a character who is a faerie named Faye... and I can't take credit for Hansoff - somone else came up with it, and I just took it Razz

I have a BFF called Faye. Razz And I came up with Hansoff. XD

Lena Vorstenbach - I came up with Lena 'cause I was obsessed with Taken by a Stranger back then. The singer was called... Lena, so yeah. Vorstenbach was out of my own creation. I googled it a few days ago and apparently, it was a name of a guy on Bones, so mega creepy. o.o

Laetitia Bellamy - I take French, let's begin with that. So, in Year Seven (two years ago) I stumbled upon this name during a spelling test. I thought, 'THIS IS PRETTY!' Aaand nearly two years later I used it for a charrie.

Anna Tshering - Um, her first name is actually Annabeth, and it goes without saying I found it on Percy Jackson. Tshering was a name of an old friend, and... yeah.

Dommi Cartwright - I used to play Dominique Weasley on a NextGen HP site, and when it closed down I couldn't let her go, so I just put Cartwright instead of Weasley.

I have loads, actually. But do I look like I want to tell them all?
Brianna Gallaway
Brianna Gallaway
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Doherty Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 am

Yes, yes you do Razz
Nova Doherty
Nova Doherty
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:10 am

Nate Anthony Blackwell -

Seriously, Nate's my real name--actually my nickname if we're talking strictly. And I took the name Blackwell because it sounds like a family name for dark wizards and it's ironic because Nate's loyalty is to the good side.

I stole this name from my sister since she RPs in other sites. She stole my first name so I think it's even.

Zander Christopher Blood -

Zander is the short version of Alexander which means man's defender or warrior. I got Christopher because that's the second name of my older brother Aaron.

And Blood was a really random pairing done by my sister. She made this name too but I don't really care.

(I'm a lazy bastard and I'm proud of it. XD)

Riven Alexander Blood -

Riven was derived from River. It was all just an accident as I was typing away on my computer and it just came to me that Riven was actually a cool sounding name. Alexander because it sounds good with Riven and Blood because again, I was too lazy to come up with something else. And it's the other way around now. My sister stole this name from me.

Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianna Gallaway Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 am

'cause I was bored...

Abraxas Montague - Oh Romeo, Romeo - wherefore art thou Romeo? Weeell... Abraxas was one name I found while looking up the Malfoy family tree, and I suppose Montague is kinda obvious.
Brianna Gallaway
Brianna Gallaway
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriot Izser Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:54 am

Harriot Izser : Harriot is one of my fave names and the last name seemed odd, because in real life, people don't have the names like Malfoy or Weasley unless they are really lucky/unlucky.
Damien Kayden - Damien came from Damon in the vampire diaries and Kayden..bahh, I wanted it to have Ka at the start, nothing else worked well I though.
Isabelya Kayden - Isabelya, one of my other fave names is Isabella, I love Italian sounding names. If said Isabelya in an Italian accent, it sounds better than how you pronounce it in english. Kayden, look at Damien.
Harriot Izser
Harriot Izser
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Starbright Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Darcie Onyx Linwood- It sounded really cool. I wanted a name that was dark and mysterious, maybe kind of ominous too. The name means something like "Of the Dark Black Forest". I was also trying to be ironic because Darcie's a really shy, hidden, but nice person. ^.^

Annalise Isabella Marie Starbright- Annalise because it sounded old timey and Anna is a ghost, Isabella Marie because I wanted her name much longer than it needed to be and Starbright because I simply could not think of a proper last name and Starbright sounded really cool with Annalise before it.
Annalise Starbright
Annalise Starbright

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Smith Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 am

Well... Mine aren't very interesting...

Clementine Marie Smith- One of my story's characters. I got the name Clementine becuase it's awesome, Smith because I couldn't find a decent surname, and Marie, because it fit and I can't go without a middle name.

Rhonda Amelia Blackwood- The name Rhonda Blackwood just came to me like that. And then, I had to think of a middle name, and Amelia was the first thing that came to mind.

Amy Elizabeth Swan- Amy Swan was another that popped into my head, although, unlike Rhonda, I had to think of a personality when I did the character profile. I put Elizabeth because it's another awesome name. Elizabeth was almost the name of another of my story characters before I settled with Katherine.

And Midnight Shelter Denethor was Nova's request, so I don't really know why she was named that, although it is a lovely name :3
Clementine Smith
Clementine Smith
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wimbleway Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Alex Wimbleway- Alex is my actual first name, so that was simple. I thought long and hard about the last name and was about to go for Wayword when Wimble popped into my mind Razz
Alex Wimbleway
Alex Wimbleway
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down