Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Eyes (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Bright Eyes (Open) Empty Bright Eyes (Open)

Post by Faye Cartwright Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:24 pm

"I'm sorry," the girl almost sobbed as she twisted and turned, "I am so- so - sorry." Everywhere she turned she bumbed into one statue after another. Only they weren't statues - not really.

At least they hadn't always been.

The memory of the dream - that wasn't really a dream in the first place - had driven Faye out of bed and through the tunnels to the only place she could think of that would be the laest likely to have people.

She had been doing so good; she thought she had gotten it under control, at least to an extent, but the dream had triggered it. Now the young girl could feel the distinctive cold magic burn, bubble and grow in her stomach and she knew she had lost control.

She wasn't just a girl now - she was a weapon.

Wandering around all the boxes and trunks in the storage room Faye held her arms close to herself and struggled with herself. She couldn't stop it now - she knew that - and yet what else could she do? She couldn't hide in the storage room forever - avoid everyone forever - and yet the only ways she knew how to get rid of this power was to use it...

She really didn't want to use it.

She jumped as a box fell and there was loud noise.

"Who's there?" she called whirling around only to come face to face with a small kitten that had climbed onto one of the stacks.

Or at least it had been a cat, until the unfortunate creature had made the mistake of making eye-contact with her. Not a moment after making that mistake, all that was left in its place was a surprisingly life-like stone statue of a cat.

The girl let out a bitter laugh, "I hope no one was too attached to you."
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Bright Eyes (Open) Empty Re: Bright Eyes (Open)

Post by Dillon Alford Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 am

Dillon wandered through the corridors alone, intent on returning to the common room as quickly as possible, as she was not a very solitary person. She heard a meowing noise and stopped. It sounded like it was coming from the storage room. Dillon crept in, following the sound of the cat she had heard whilst passing by. As she did so, she noticed no cat, just a Vox girl standing by herself. She shrugged and turned to leave, before she noticed an adorable kitten statue. "Awwww!" she mused, picking it up and inspecting it. "Is this yours?" she asked.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Faye jumped as soon as she heard the foot steps and ducked her head down away from the person who entered.

Although she usually only ever awakened enough power for one go she really didn't want to risk it.

"Go away," she snapped unnecessarily, "Don't look at me."

She didn't want to look at the cat either. It certianly wasn't hers.

"Take it - I don't want it," she said shortly, "I don't want to see it ever again."
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Dillon looked at the unusual girl and smiled. "No need to be afraid of me, I won't bite."

She put the cat down and shook her head, even if the girl wasn't looking at her. "No thank you, it probably belongs to somebody else. Are you okay?" she asked, looking worriedly at the girl. She placed her hand on the girl's back and smiled sympathetically.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:20 am

Faye ran her hand through her hair still looking away, and muttered grumpily to herself, "Yeah but I might."

Sighing, she took an assesment of herself and figured it was probably safe to look at the arrival. Her magic seemed to have gone down to a level that should be dangers. A few more minutes it would probably be all gone.

It was the girl from her class.

"Who's ever it is probably doesn't want to see it like that," she muttered softly, unable to keep the bitterness out of her voice. She knew she should be thankful that all she got this time was just a cat but..

She still just killed something.

She hated her magic, she just hated it.

Normally she would object to someone touching her, but she figured right now she could use whatever support she could get.

"Do I look okay?"
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:38 am

Dillon frowned, thinking for briefly. She sat on a box and smiled reassuringly. "Well, may I ask what's bothering you?" she asked calmly looking over at the cat statue and sighing.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Normally Faye prefered to keep her magic a deep dark secret - unless of course she was in a perfectly foul mood and then she just got the pure amusement out of scaring the crud out of whoever gets in her way - but presently she had a conflict of emotion that didn't fall into any of the usual.

She felt a ridiculous longing to just tell someone - not to scared them - just to tell them. It wasn't like she wanted comfort from this girl - as if - she just...

"Do you really want to know?" she asked in a half sneer.
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Dillon hesitated for a moment. She wasn't sure if this girl was serious or not. However, as she saw this girl was in a bad state and in clear need of some help, she decided to ignore the girl's harsh tone and smiled. "Well yes, I might be able to help."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Faye couldn't help but snort, "I doubt that."

Sighing she picked up the offending cat 'statue' avoiding her instinct to just cringe at the mere fact that it existed.

"this" she sneered looking at the object, "Is my problem. A few moments before you came in here. This statue... it wasn't a staute. It was actually a live, real fuzzy cat."
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Dillon was quite taken aback, but she remained composed, although she did remove her hand from the girl's back. "So... it turned to stone?" she looked at the cat and thought of her own cat, Dana.

"Was this you? Does their owner know?"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Faye smirked as the girl stopped touching her. She was a smart thing. Stay away from the moster. She'd do it too if it was possible.

"Pretty much," she said, shrugging as if it was no big deal.

"How is there owner going to know," Faye spat, "THe thing just walked in here a few moments ago. I have no idea who's it is... or was. And before you suggestion I tell them, you tell me how I supposed to know whos it is."

She gave the girl a bitter little grin, confirming the first question without actually saying the words , "Still think you can help me?"
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

"Uhhh..." Dillon hesitated, biting her lip, not sure whether to fear or pity the girl. "I take it you didn't do this on purpose," she said calmly. "Seeing as you seem quite disgusted by the cat 'statue'"
She thought carefully about whether or not she wanted to say what she was thinking. "I have a little... problem myself..."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Faye looked at the girl for a long moment, deciding whether she should go for the truth or continued her harsh mascarade.

She decided upon something inbetween.

"Even if I wanted to use it on someone it wouldn't matter," she said, "I have no control over when it comes and when it goes."

She leaned back and smirked at the girl, "Oh really? What do you do?"
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:40 am

Dillon sighed. I should tell her. I have to tell somebody...

"I'm... possessed by a demon. If I lose concentration for even a second, for instance when I get angry, I could lose control of my actions. When I was younger I would throw a tantrum then black out. All I know is that I would wake up a few hours later with no recollection of the hours that passed. All I know is that I tend to knock over tables, or hit people. Nothing to destructive... yet. It's just a matter of time before I really hurt someone. That's actually the reason I'm so calm all the time. When I get angry I can't control it... So, I'm not as perfect as everyone thinks." she smiled limply, waiting for a response hopefully.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 am

"Possesed by a demon," Faye said slowly leaning back against a box, "I'll admit that's better than I thought it would be."

"So how did you get stuck with that one?"
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 am

Dillon, feeling more confident now, perked up slightly. "Long story short, my mother was duelling with a demon. The demon lost and was too weak to carry on, so he possessed the first being her found, which was me." she shrugged and looked down for a moment before continuing. "I guess it's not that bad as long I remain calm. It must be quite difficult for you, having no control of your... ability. Lucky it was just a cat this time, huh?"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:14 pm

"That sucks," Faye said, probably the first senserly non-sarcastic thing she said.

"I've been getting better at not triggering it," she said after a moment, the demon comment seemed to be giving Faye more respect for this Dillon character, so her snarkiness was wearing down. "Its just once its triggered, I can't really stop it."

She looked at the cat for a long moment, before finally shrugging, "You learn to live around it."
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Dillon felt comfortable talking to this girl, feeling relieved that she wasn't the only one who found their 'gift' to be more of an ailment. "I suppose you do. I'm just glad I'm here. We looked at quite a few wizarding schools who would accept me as I was a 'danger to the other pupils', but then we found Alecto." she smiled and looked over at the cat statue. It still sent a few chills down her spine to think of the poor cat, but not as much as she had originally felt.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Cartwright Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Faye nodded as if she understood, which in a way she did.

"I just don't tell people."

Sure it wasn't the fairest way to go about things. But Faye didn't think it was fair she was stuck being a muntant freak either, so whey should everyone else get soemthign she didn't?
Faye Cartwright
Faye Cartwright
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down